2023-01-24 11:18:01

Chinese citizens were killed in the shooting in Los Angeles

China News Agency, Los Angeles, January 23 (Reporter Zhang Shuo) The Chinese Consulate General in Los Angeles said on the 23rd that it was confirmed that Chinese citizens had been killed in the serious shooting incident in Monterey Park, Los Angeles County, California, the United States. The Consulate General is working with relevant domestic departments and the United States to fully assist in dealing with the aftermath.

On January 21, on the eve of the Lunar New Year, a large-scale shooting occurred in the Chinese community in Monterrey Park, causing at least 20 casualties.

The spokesman of the Chinese Consulate General in Los Angeles said that on the occasion of the celebration of the Lunar New Year by the local overseas Chinese, the serious shooting incident in the Chinese community was shocking and deeply deplored. Chinese embassies and consulates in the United States have lowered their flags at half mast in mourning. The Chinese Consulate General in Los Angeles has expressed condolences to the local Chinese community and reminded Chinese citizens in the consular area to improve risk awareness, strengthen security precautions and ensure their own safety.

The spokesman said that after the shooting incident, the Chinese Consulate General in Los Angeles has kept close contact with the local police and relevant departments to track the progress of the investigation and the situation of Chinese citizens. At present, it is confirmed that Chinese citizens were killed in the incident. We are working with relevant domestic departments and the United States to fully assist in dealing with the aftermath. We will continue to pay close attention to the follow-up progress of the incident investigation and do a good job in time.

Editor in charge: Yue Yutian